Monday, January 14, 2008

OffShore Grouper


We hit the water at 6:30am, Bay Pines Boat ramp and Capt. Doug. in the "IRISH WAKE" was taking me and another buddy offshore for a little day of Grouper. he had been telling us that he had some nice holes and would put us on em. After we launched we headed out John's Pass and about an Hour and a Half later we were on fish. The First Fish caught was a my fish a keeper gag. Then it was everyone elses turn and we caught one after another right away. The next time around for me landed a 30" 12.5lb Black that gave a good fight. We caught a ton of short blacks and reds then we started hitting a few Mango's. We let out a little anchor line and I hit a fish on my Mango 40lb rod that put me in a stand still. I fought him for a while and thank god my drag was set right. Once I got him up it was a 9lb Red Grouper. We ended up with 4 Keeper gags and the big red, a few mangos and a scamp. A real nice little catch for a quick day trip.

Check out the rest of the photos in the WEEKLY pic page. over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment