Friday, July 25, 2008

Scalloping Fishing and More.


Wow this has been a hot summer and a busy one. I blew my Boat Motor twice. Thank god for Mercury Warranties. Both, I am happy to say were not my fault. (Of course thats what they all say right) Anyway LAST weekend we headed to Steinhatchie to do our Annual Scallop trip. we hit the water on Friday Afternoon and south of the channel in 6-7 ft of water we found more scallops then we knew what to do with. Saturday was the same way we loaded up our three boats with some of the biggest Scallops we have seen in a year or two. The jellyfish were not very bad and the water was clear. The scallops were not as abundant as the past two years but they were big.

Fishing on the other hand we did not do there but a buddy of mine was under Gandy and Howard Franklin and caught this nice Keeper 16 inch Flounder. he also noted that the Tarpon were rolling non-stop under the bridges and many people were hanging in the shade workign the silver kings. Hopefully now that I have my boat back I will be able to get out on the water this weekend and chase a Tarpon around myself. See you on the water. Tight Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment