Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Fishing Report - Post 4th

Despite the rain coming down all weekend I was able to hit the beach early before sunrise for about 2 hrs on Saturday Morning before the Rain set in again. I caught 2, 20" snook and 4, 17" spanish mackerel that were cruising the beach. I was on the beach when it was Dark and was getting NO hits then as soon as the sun gave me enough light to see the gree/blue of the water the fish started hitting. Just about every hit was a strike and I believe many were schooled Spanish Macks running the beaches. I was broke off a few times just from the teeth. Also throughout the day I was able to fish the beach and land a few more Macks. The Snook were there but no real bites and there were no Pompano to be had or at least I didn't catch any. I will be trying to get back out this coming weekend and test the Redfish bite But we'll see how that goes with the Rain continuing all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment